Free the Vote! ACA 6
Assembly Constitutional Amendment 6 (ACA 6) would:
- restore voting rights to nearly 50,000 Californian’s on parole.
- eliminate a system that operates as “taxation without representation,” which is antithetical to the founding of this country.
- eliminate another barrier that is set in place to intentionally disenfranchise people of color
Status of ACA 6 as of Feb 2, 2020:
- Passed the floor of the State Assembly with 2/3 majority vote
- Currently in the State Senate (the Senate Rules Committee)
- Must pass the floor of the Senate by June 25th in order to be placed on the November 2020 ballot
ACLU of California is a co-sponsor of ACA 6, and a member of the Free the Vote coalition.
To take action:
(2) Visit https://www.freethevoteca.org/take-action/ for more action items and volunteer opportunities.