Know Your Rights
RESOURCES FROM NATIONAL ACLU
- What to do when interacting with ICE? (available in seven languages: English, Spanish, Urdu, Arabic, Haitian Creole, Russian, Mandarin)
- What to do if you are an immigrant stopped by law enforcement agents? No matter what your immigration status is, you have rights when you interact with immigration agents or the police. Print and share these one-pagers in your communities: English | (Arabic| Chinese | Creole | Farsi | Français (French) | Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) | Korean | Português (Portuguese) | Soomaali (Somali) | Español (Spanish) | Tagalog | Urdu | Vietnamese)
- Know Your Rights with respect to anti-Muslim discrimination. Print and share these one-pagers in your communities: English | Arabic | Español (Spanish) |Farsi | Bahasa Indonesia (Indonesian) | Urdu
- Know Your Rights: Pregnant, post-partum, and breastfeeding workers -- what to do if you face workplace discrimination?
RESOURCES FROM THE ACLU OF NORTHERN CALIFORNIA
- Recording of presentation on Know Your Rights with respect to demonstration and police, in the context of post-election demonstrations.
- SB 54 FAQ: How the California Values Act applies in jails
- SB 54 FAQ: How the California Values Act applies in prisons
- Bulk order of KYR wallet-sized cards available from https://www.aclunc.org/materials
- A list of over 20 articles, each describing an aspect of civil rights, including but not limited to police interactions, immigrants’ rights, LGBTQ rights, California AB 60 Driver’s Licenses, and many different topics on students’ rights.
- ICE raids: Click here for Know Your Rights and Emergency Hotlines
- Feel Like You're At Risk? If you are an immigrant, if you are a Muslim, if you are LGBTQ, if you are a protester or journalist, if you have been sexually assaulted, if you are interacting with the police, if you are in need of reproductive care, if you are a person with disability ...
- My school, my rights
- Re-enfranchisement: a guide to voting for people with a criminal conviction
TO REQUEST A "KNOW YOUR RIGHTS" PRESENTATION IN A COMMUNITY MEETING OR CLASSROOM-LIKE SETTING
Please fill out the on-line request form: https://www.aclunc.org/speaker
"KNOW YOUR RIGHTS" WORKSHOPS