Volunteer opportunities for Midterm Election 2022
The ACLU of Northern California, ACLU People Power, and their partner organizations have organized many volunteer opportunities related to the Midterm Election of 2022. Please click here for the details. Training will be provided.
Screen agenda items of selected San Jose City government meetings (New: 01/21/2022)
Our chapter seeks volunteers to screen agenda items of weekly San Jose City Council meetings and a few selected meetings to detect potential civil liberties issues. The volunteers will report the findings to chapter leaders. The time commitment is about one hour per week. If you are interested, please contact us by using the form found in https://acluscv.org/contact/ . Thank you.
ACLU of Northern California text banks and phone banks
(1) Surveillance technology ordinance: Follow the development in the San Jose Smart Cities and Service Improvements Committee, attend committee meetings and provide public inputs as necessary.
Apply to be a Know Your Rights trainer! If you’re extra-confident with your public speaking or have a background in teaching, this could be the right opportunity for you. Learn more and apply here.
If you are interested in an internship, fellowship or volunteer work with the ACLU of Northern California, please visit the following Web pages for details.
If you want to participate in advocacy work in general, please do the following.
- Sign up for action alerts from national ACLU: https://www.aclu.org/action
- Sign up for updates and action alerts from ACLU-NC on the upper right corner of the Web page https://www.aclunc.org
- Subscribe to the SCV chapter’s mailing list: https://acluscv.org/mailing-list
- Visit ACLU-NC’s “Take Action” page: https://www.aclunc.org/get-involved/take-action
- Visit SCV chapter’s “Take Action” page: https://acluscv.org/take-action
ACLU Peoplepower: https://map.peoplepower.org/ (Please enter your zip code in the Web page to limit your search. The Web page is for the entire U.S.) This is a platform maintained by the national ACLU where ACLU supporters can post events to attend or civic engagement activities to participate in, e.g. postcard writing, voter registration drive, townhall meeting, etc.